App Tracking Transparency on iOS 14.5 App Store Submission
Share this to
App Tracking Transparency request the user's permission before tracking their activity across apps and websites. The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Name, Precise Location, User ID, Other Financial Info, Demographics, Sensitive Info, Email Address, Phone Number, etc.
Starting with iOS 14.5, apps on the App Store need to receive the user’s permission through the AppTrackingTransparency framework before collecting data used to track them. This requirement is to protects the privacy of App Store users.
In order to manage app privacy in App Store Connect, you must either Account Holder or Admin only.
Two options you can choose when App Review Team detect your app is tracking user activities and reject the submission:
1. You can remove the AppTrackingTransparency framework functionality from your app and update your app privacy information in App Store Connect if not related.
2. If you decide to continue tracking users, you must implement App Tracking Transparency and request permission before collecting data used to track the user or device. When you resubmit, indicate in the Review Notes where the permission request is located.
In App Delegate/View controller:
Reasons why app submission still rejected by Apple Review Team:
- In App Store Connect, the app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, but not inform to user in app
- Not implement AppTrackingTransparency framework in the app to request permission before collecting data used to track the user or device.
- In Info.plist file, not sufficiently explain the use of the AppTrackingTransparency framework in the purpose string.
With the new Apple App Tracking Transparency for iOS 14.5 and later, it lets you decide whether or not apps should be able to track your activity across other companies' apps and websites. It is depend on Account Holder or Admin to determine whether to use this features or not.
Share this to